Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Welcome ....Pull Up A Chair

Our journey really began years ago when we had a miscarriage and then battled with infertility for years afterwards. I will make a long story short (and promise to give you the whole story at a later date). After trying everything in our power to become parents we felt like God was leading us to foster care. Heartaches, disappointments, and sadness were immediately lifted on January 6, 2011. That night our Princess arrived...our first foster child. Ronnie was at work and I was busy trying to make things as perfect as possible and calm the butterflies in my stomach. When I heard the car pull up I jumped to the door and all I can tell you is I felt exactly as the disciples must have when the boat was rocking and then Jesus commanded the waves to be still. It was an instant peace....and love at first sight. I have never in my life known such an instant peace as I did in that second. She was beautiful and precious in every way possible. She brings so much laughter to our homes and lives and..despite the present goal of reunification with her mom...will ALWAYS be out baby.
On March 23, 2011 our lives once again changed when we received a call asking if we would be interested in adopting a 2 year old little girl. I don't even think they finished their sentence or had a chance to tell me her name before I said, "YES!!! WE WOULD!" There was nothing else I needed to know, except that she was going to be ours! Again, there was an instant bond and love at first sight. Madison arrived and she was perfect in every sense of the word. She is amazingly soooo much like Ronnie. Everyone thinks she looks just like me, and she might, but she is her Daddy through and through. It's amazing how God works everything out to the smallest of details.
If you had asked me on January 5, 2006 I would have told you I had given up on ever being a mom. If you ask me today I will tell you I am blessed beyond words with two beautiful girls in my life. My cup runneth over.......
I hope you will follow us on this journey and laugh along with us! It's quite the journey and He who has us on it is quite a God!

No comments:

Post a Comment